It doesn’t matter how conscientious you are about carrying out routine maintenance jobs on your washing machine, over time it may still break down. Ensuring all pockets are free from coins and other objects, cleaning the filter and even running a water softener does not guarantee a problem free washer, regardless of how new or modern the design is Washer Repair Los Angeles.
With a new machine now costing less than it once did, lots of people feel that to have their machine repaired when it breaks down is a false economy and simply replacing it would make more sense. For many reasons this is not the case and below are five important points to consider when planning to have your washer repaired:
1. The average life of a washing machine is approximately 12 years, so with that kind of lifespan, professional maintenance and repair can keep your machine in good working order for far longer than you would have imagined.
2. When thinking in terms of a repair service, it’s easy to only think of the service offered through a warranty at the point of sale. The problem with this is that it doesn’t afford the consumer the opportunity to shop around for the best and most convenient local repairer. This would be taken out of your hands and dealt with by your insurance company many miles away by phone.
3. Without a doubt the warranties offered can end up costing far more than they are worth. Profit margins on these warranties are between 40% and 80% and the sale of these warranties far exceed any claims made on them. These warranties no doubt prove to be a very important source of income for the stores selling machines.
4. Another general but very important point to consider when contemplating replacement versus repair, is that repairing the machine is far more environmentally friendly than just dumping your machine and replacing it with a new one. This may not seem very important but if every household took this into consideration the environmental impact would be huge.
5. The final point to consider is that many of the new washers purchased are manufactured abroad, so by taking advantage of a local repair business you are also supporting your local small business community.
So there you have it, five important but often overlooked points to consider when either purchasing or repairing your washing machine. If you do have to purchase a new machine consider the above points carefully before committing to an expensive warranty plan.